[OM] Re: [OT] Re: Getting gassed - a rant.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: Getting gassed - a rant.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:20:12 +0000
The big surge in gas prices in Atlanta was caused by (A) the media
irresponsibly scaring everybody by predicting a shortage because the two
pipelines that serve the area were out of commission, thereby causing the
easily panicked to rush to "top off" their tanks, and (B) greedy scumbag
assholes operating service stations.  Fraidy-cat folks were filling up their
SUVs at $100 per yesterday.

Prices are way back down today because (A) the pipelines are back in operation
and expected to be back to full capacity by the weekend, and (B) the governor
has threatened to strictly enforce the state's anti-gouging law, which imposes
a fine of $5000 PER TRANSACTION.  That would sure be enough to discourage me
from trying to screw my customers out of $5 or $10 dollars per purchase.

Being smarter than the average bear, of course, and knowing where our gas comes
from and realizing what Katrina was going to do in the Gulf, I filled up Monday
morning, before the storm even came ashore and at the normal price.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --