[OM] Odd self-timer behavior on OM-4t

Subject: [OM] Odd self-timer behavior on OM-4t
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:43:21 -0400
Hello all,
 Just to add a little extra OM content, I thought I'd ask for comments about
some strange behavior I've noticed in my OM-4t. When shooting macro, I often
use the self-timer to take advantage of the mirror lock-up and the touchless
shutter release. I sit there while the camera is doing its beeps, then it
does the exposure, and usually that's the end. However, sometimes after long
expousures, the camera does a second round of beeps *after* the shutter has
closed and the mirror has lowered. The pre-exposure beeps (and the flashing
light) are obviously intended to say "get ready, I'm about to take a
picture. I can't think of what a full sequence of beeps *after* the exposure
could mean. I've often wondered if this was a feature of all OM-4t's or if
my particular camera has some malfunction or something. This only happens on
long exposures, but I don't think its susposed to be an indication that the
maximum exposure time has been reached. The images are always properly
exposed, so I've never bothered investigating it further.
 Cheers,
 Robert Swier
Toronto, Canada