[OM] Re: Odd self-timer behavior on OM-4t

Subject: [OM] Re: Odd self-timer behavior on OM-4t
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 18:34:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2005 1:22:07 PM Central Standard Time,
robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Well in  that case, I guess my 4t is probably not unique. It does bother me
that  the camera occasionally exhibits behavior that I cannot predict and do
not  understand. However, if at least one other camera out there does the
same  thing sometimes, I won't interpret the post-exposure beeps as
indicating  that the camera is nearing the end of its life. Still, it's quite

strange.
Nobody else has noticed this?

My OM 4T manufactured in 1987 exhibits the same behavior. My other 2 OM 4T
's manufactured in 1990 and 1998 do not "beep" post exposure. I have no idea if
 there was a change in the circuit to eliminate this "problem". The 1987 OM
4T  has never failed me in the field despite riding on airplane floors, in the
back  of Jeeps, ect.....

Gary Faulkenberry