[OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online

Subject: [OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:08:14 -0300
on 3/09/2005 19:38, Paul Braun at cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

>> What is this???
>>
> This is what's called "phishing", where a legit-looking email
> actually links to a bogus server set up to harvest your private
> information.

Wow... there's indeed a fine line between the stupid and the clever. Might
be falling to the first part, since this left me thinking twice.
How'd they know I have an account at ebay and actually watching some items
right now, and then use an address through which I frequently receive spam ?

Where's the security failure ? - I'm on an obsolete Mac running 8.6 and IE
5.0. Cannot make my email client to show html as text, but will phone him on
Monday.

Is this just a coincidence, or have I managed to become paranoid ?
Well, in fact I'm not completely familiar with this internet thingie, let
alone ebay - which is far from how we do business in my neighbourhood...

Thank you Paul.

Fernando.