[OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online

Subject: [OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online
From: "Paul Braun" <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:28:57 -0500
On 3 Sep 2005 at 20:08, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

> on 3/09/2005 19:38, Paul Braun at cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
> Where's the security failure ? - I'm on an obsolete Mac running 8.6 and IE
> 5.0. Cannot make my email client to show html as text, but will phone him on
> Monday.

If you're using Outlook, I believe there's an option to "show
source", in which case you can browse the underlying html and look at
the actual address behind the link.

Or, you can try hovering the mouse over the link, and it should pop
up the actual address that it's going to.

If you have any suspcions, don't EVER click a link from a suspicious
email.  Manually type the displayed link into your browser, and see
if it tells you anything useful.  What these bastards do is take
advantage of the fact that you can display any text you want... it's
what's between the actual external reference delimiters that counts.

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
cygnus at ctgonline.org
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever." -- David St. Hubbins