[OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online

Subject: [OM] Re: FW: eBay Inc Online
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:37:13 -0300
on 4/09/2005 02:10, Jeff Keller at jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Easiest way to deal with the email pretending to be from either yaBe or
> P*ypal is to forward it to spoof@xxxxxxxx or spoof@xxxxxxxxxx  Their
> computer normally responds fairly quick with a form email telling you it is
> a fake email. I think they are also good at getting the offending site
> shutdown.
Wil do next time Jeff, but this one surprised me due to the moment when it
arrived. Besides, when hitted the fwd button everything dissapeared except
what I sent to the list.

> I wondered if you were going to bid on the 135/4.5. It actually sold at a
> lower price than I expected.
[snip]

> It also looks like gmorg1969 got pretty good prices for his gear even though
> he sold it on a Saturday of a 3 day weekend.

Well, I expected it would sell at a lower price, due to the fact that I must
sum up a larger-than-average shipping cost, and at least $100 of import
taxes. And risk due to transport.
But a three day weekend gives people a lot of free time, me thinks ;^)

There's another odd thing I don't understand: after bidding $200, I was
going to bid a higher sum but suddenly was redirected to a normal window
which asked to enter password and/or name and password, again and again
*three consecutive times* (I had checked 'keep me signed unless...' box).
This prevented me to make my last bid, two minutes before ending.

And how do you explain the even lower price of 7541623693 ?? I'm still
kicking my ..., might fangs be returning?

Cheers,

Fernando.