[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 06:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
> No oilburning Audis stateside :( I bet he got the 1.8T if the
> past generation, or the 2.0FSI if the current (really nice,
> but understeers like mad!)

2.8 engine, manual tranny, 4-door sedan, loaded.  Older model
(1987) so it's actually affordable. (all the front-end
suspension/steering work is done).  Oh, for the detail people,
it's not the 1987.5, I believe it predates the improved 2.8
engine by about two or three months.

As to understeering, well, I haven't taken the opportunity to
push it too hard yet, but it seems to be a bit front-end heavy.
However, compared to almost any other non-European sport sedan,
it's very well balanced.  Most cars feel like they're grinding
the front tires off whenever you turn the steering wheel.

I'm still pondering the logic behind the heated windshield
washers.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com