[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:38:32 -0400
AG  wrote:

<big snip>

Anybody know where I can find published power/torque charts for
the Audis online?  Also, what octane gas would you normally use?

Check out http://www.audiworld.com/ and go to the forums.  IIRC, you have
to register to post but can read/browse without doing so.  After we bought
our new 2001 A6 FWD I visited the site now and then but quit after it
became apparent that these folks were more passionate about their cars than
I was/am about ours.  Personally, I think the beast is over
engineered.  Then again, it's German manufacturing mentality exporting cars
to the U.S. with less concessions to American tastes and preferences than
their Japanese counterparts.  My wife is the primary driver and as such the
car is driven mostly in the city where it's not at its best.  It's a much
better road trip car.  Would I buy another one even if I could get as good
a deal?  Hmmm, I'd have to think about that.  I've been trying to convince
the CDFO to consider a fully tricked out Honda so she could use all that
money she saves for another grand vacation in Europe where we could once
again rent a diesel sedan.  Four years ago when gas/petrol prices were
rising we picked up a cute Mercedes C class in Frankfurt.  First fill up we
found out why diesels are more popular there than here--diesel fuel was 25%
cheaper than gasoline.  Here in the states we have no such differential,
thus less incentive to buy a diesel, despite the fact the mileage per
gallon and the engine's longevity would still make it a worthwhile investment.

OM content?  None except for the fact that somewhere I have a photo of the
C class taken with my OM-1N.

Anyway, hope the car works well for you Ken.

Gary