[OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault" was: Re: Re: List members in hurrica

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault" was: Re: Re: List members in hurricane path
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:46:43 +0000
How can anybody blame a hurricane on Bush?  He's not that powerful.  Maybe it's
Pat Robertson's fault because he was too busy getting his shorts in a wad about
some commie in South America and forgot to pray this one away.

Seriously, I don't have either the time or the inclination to get into this.
I'm busy applying the annual autumn coating of Turtle Wax to the OM-4Runner,
just taking a cold-beer break, and I really don't give a rat's ass about who's
to blame for what.

I will note, however, that TWO DAYS after Katrina hit, Bush was off in
California speechifying, still trying to justify and drum up support for his
and the vice-draftdodger's lie-based invasion of Iraq.  Like Sen. Bill Frist's
video tape diagnosis of the brain-dead Terry Shiavo, I guess he was just being
inattentive.

And this from the Associated Press, which I have seen no rebuttal of:  "New
Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson offered Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco help from
his state's National Guard on Sunday, the day before Hurricane Katrina hit
Louisiana. Blanco accepted, but paperwork needed to get the troops en route
didn't come from Washington until late Thursday."

Lots of stuff wasn't, and still ain't, right, but let's stop arguing about it
and do whatever little bit we can to help and to urge those who can do more to
get off their asses and do it.

I don't like and don't patronize Wal-Mart, but I notice they've donated $15M,
as has GE, and Coca-Cola has pitched in $5, and I'm sure there are other large
corporations whose donations I must've missed -- like Exxon, Shell, BP, Conoco,
who are raking in billions in profits and I'm sure any day now will pony up
with huge contributions.  If not, may they and theirs live 1000 years with the
dribbling s**ts.

Walt

--
"Patriotism means being loyal to