[OM] Re: Katrina, you can help[OT]

Subject: [OM] Re: Katrina, you can help[OT]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:49:42 -0700
The recent bankruptcy bill goes into effect in October blocking
individuals(not corporations) from filing for bankruptcy. The new
bill was written by the banking industry and shopped around for a
sponsoring congressman. Rules for small businesses were also changed
to make it more difficult than big businesses. So at the end of the
day it is the banking industry who cares and if you think they are
going to pass the savings on to you...

You should ask for support for the Conyers/Nadler bill to exempt
hurricane victims from the new rules and allow them to file under
existing rules. Perhaps people whose houses, cars and jobs or small
businesses have disappeared while the mortgage and car payment remain
deserve some special consideration. I think it is folly to think we
are not all going to pay for this for decades. A major part of our
country has been destroyed.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA