[OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:18:22 -0500
        Walt, you sure are being irrascable today, so turn around and allow me
to extract that burr you got stuck under your saddle. I suspect you've been
watching too much Katrina coverage which is enough to put anyone in a bad mood.
        Re: your posting; that's a mighty broad brush you're painting with
there. Now I'm not an insurance agent nor do I play one on television, but in
all my experiences with insurance companies (including those with which I have
policies and in dealing with policies of second parties) they have always gone
out of there way to get things settled quickly and fairly. And that includes
the time my wife drove her van nose-first into a rain swollen, 5-foot deep
ditch nearly drowning herself and our 5-year old daughter. Thank the Maker they
were both unhurt (due to quick action by a couple of constrution guys who
happened to be passing by), but her van was totaled and the cash-out by my
insurance carrier was a heck of a lot more than I could have gotten for it had
I sold it myself (pre-accident).
        Now I'm sure there some bad apples out there but don't trash the whole
barrel over a few worms.

Charlie