[OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:23:12 -0400
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>

> Yeah, maybe I do need to get off my high horse awhile.
>
> I'm sure part of my insurance company enmity

Walt,

I won't waste a thread with my stories, but I'm on the other side. I've
worked in the insurance industry for 25 years. The number one cause, by far,
of any increase in premiums is fraud, pure and simple.  Until the beginning
of this year, I was the COO of a large wholesale life insurance agency.  My
teams processed 17,000 applications a month.  The answers and attempts to
defraud were absolutely stunning.

Clearly there are stupid participants on both sides wasting the courts time,
but if the insurance companies didn't challenge many of them, they'd go
under.

Tom