[OM] Re: Reply - Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Reply - Re: Some guys never learn
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:16:32 +1000
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/montsnmags/Overlander/mo.jpg

> > Brian Swale wrote:
> > Those shots can't have been taken in Oz !!
> > No roo-bars !

Land Rover don't have the Roo-Bar accessory, though for an
expectedly exhorbitant sum you *can* get the Official
Land Rover Womble-Catcher hitched up to the front. I've heard
it's great for midnight fangs over Wimbledon Common (and I
understand that the Queen's corgis subsist on a diet
of fresh womble gathered in such a manner by HRH's Royal Range
Rover Brigade).

> Chris Barker wrote:
> I know why you're considering a diesel, even the one that
> Land Rover use: the fuel consumption must be horrendous on
> the V8. Nice picture Marc.

If you look at the V8 funny, it gets nervous and self-sedates
by gulping down a few litres of go-go juice. It's a very comfortable
vehicle on the highway and in commuter-traffic (nothing needs to
be said about off-road - it *is* a Land Rover), but inertia gets
together with the V8 and gangs up on the fuel tank, demanding
"protection money".

I better make this OM-related, or, at least, Olympus. I'm
seriously considering buying a secondhand c5050z next month
if I can find one cheap. The Cannon A85 is okay for carryround,
but I just can't love its interface, operation or "feel". I'm
also, next opportunity, going to take the OM1, 50/1.4 and some
Kodak B&W (C41) out for a ride again with the 10D. At the very
least I want to get a whole lot of samples together to figure
out just why I'm not getting the same compositional results
from an equivalent lens (have I changed?) and same quality
of...I don't know..."tone" in the photos that I got from the
above OM-combo (and perhaps create an application in PS to
duplicate it?). I think it's all in my head, but I'd like
to put my head back where it was - I think I'm taking "leftbrain"
photos rather than "rightbrain" photos. For me, the purpose of
photography was to give my shrivelled rightbrain something to do,
as it seems that this is where my pleasure, satisfaction and
contentedness centres are, none of which I'm feeling much of
lately.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz