[OM] Re: White balance

Subject: [OM] Re: White balance
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:16:46 +1200
Hi all
> From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote
>
> Brian,
> Do you tend to shoot RAW or jpg?  If you use Viewer and shoot RAW you
> can select WB settings during RAW conversion and save yourself some
> wear and tear.  I usually do one of two things:  leave WB on auto and
> adjust in Viewer, or do a custom WB (and still adjust in Viewer,
> occasionally).  Not too sophisticated but works for me.
>
> Joel W.
>
> On 9/8/05, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > Sorry to pester OM users with this sort of question ( but I did use both the
> > E- 1 and the OM4Ti in one photo session today and probably took more shots
> > with the OM. Magnolias are fresh out in bloom and some are glorious.).
> >
> > Setting white balance has me totally puzzled. Can anybody here give a short
> > guide? Just a pointer to get me started.

I am using SHQ jpegs. More high quality shots per CF 256MB card.

I'm not sure that Viewer would do that on my machine(s); I run it on my lap-
top with W'98, and it runs with only some functions working; ask too much
and it crashes.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try it and see what eventuates. Maybe I could use
it for situations where I suspect problems could turn up.

Brian