[OM] Re: Auto Bellows question

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto Bellows question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:59:21 -0400
Darin Rhein wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  I recently bought an Auto Bellows on ebay. It's in excellent condition
> overall. However, the lens shift knob seems pretty loose, when I change the
> direction I'm turning it, it takes three full turns of the knob before the
> lens mount board moves. I'm assuming this isn't the way it's supposed to be?
> Has anyone here encountered this before? Can someone tell me what size hex
> wrench does the set screw on the knob?

Mark's site <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/AutoBellows.pdf>
has the parts list which shows the screw to be an ACU2x35A.  I think
this means 2mm diameter x .35mm thread pitch.  But I have no clue how
one translates this to screw length or size for the allen wrench.

I tried my two smallest allen wrenches and found one too large and the
other too small.  I was going to measure them so you might home in on
the size but discovered that my electronic caliper seems to have let its
electrons escape.

Chuck Norcutt