[OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:15:00 -0400
Jeff Keller wrote:

> A quick test showed that if a hotshoe slave adapter was put on the foot of a
> T32 which was connected to another T32 via a T Cord, neither would flash.

I found this statment a bit of a surprise since I was certain that I had
tested this configuration with both an optical slave and a PC connection
to the hotshoe.

I just tried it and find that it works fine for me using my $10-12 Ritz
camera (made in India) optical slave pictured here.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Homemade%20bracket%20%26%20various%20hotshoe%20adapters.jpg>

I tried with both short (0.3M) and long (5M) T cords.  I couldn't get it
to fail unless the triggering flash wasn't bright enough.  It might not
work when the triggering flash was a T-32 at 1/4 power in a large room
and located ahead of the slave flashes with the slave sensor pointing
backwards.  However, the particular slave pictured here has a
symmetrical shoe and the shoe and sensor can be rotated under the flash
  to point to any quadrant.

Time to double check your equipment configuration and/or replace the
slave unit with something newer/better.

Chuck Norcutt