[OM] Re: some pictures from Bolivia

Subject: [OM] Re: some pictures from Bolivia
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:51:42 -0500
Cc: waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wayne Culberson wrote:

 > These people are poor beyond description, and largely forgotten
> by our world. We'll be taking children's clothing, radios, medicine (a
> Bolivian doctor will come with us at our expense), etc., to give to the
> people. I go largely at my own expense (my 8th time) and on my own vacation
> time. Obviously I don't do it to get rich, powerful, or famous. There is no
> money to be made there, which is one reason I suspect almost no one is going
> there.

Thanks for the pictures, Wayne. You're showing us something that very
few Westerners see. It's a great use of a camera!

You may not _think_ you're rich or famous, Wayne, but -- trust me -- you
are. Just as these villagers tell of that earlier visitor decades ago,
they will tell about your visit for decades to come. That radio might
even become a kind of family heirloom. That's not fame?

And even though you may not drive a fancy car or live in a mansion, you
_are_ rich -- both in finances and spirit. Your willingness to share
what you have with those who are not as well off makes you rich.

God bless you and your work, Wayne.

Steve