[OM] Retirement ...

Subject: [OM] Retirement ...
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:48:06 -0400
Bill Barber mentioned retirement in his query to Graham about having a
retirement cottage ready in Northamptonshire.  I'd probably ask Donald
to get my digs ready in the Highlands, but that's actually not the type
of retirement I'm considering.

For several weeks now I've contemplated retiring from the list.  Quite
simply, the volume is so high that it sucks up too much time for me.
Well, combine the list volume with just having the laptop open and on
that leads me to other surfing activities (mostly photographic content)
... you get the idea.

I've begun to take more pictures, largely thanks to list members, but I
really need to crank that up.  Managing the gear (including projects
such as restoring my Zone VI tripod), processing film, organizing the
"back catalogue", planning a strategy for a sideline photo/writing
business to generate some mad money,  all have suffered.  Not to mention
normal around-the-house projects.

I may monitor for a few days yet, and once I reach the "right" level of
momentum, I may re-subscribe, as this is a valuable resource.

I want to thank everyone who has made this list an intersting and valued
experience for me.  I won't mention particular names, because I really
don't want to leave anyone out, especially gun owners.  Even when the
content was maddening or frustrating (never!  ;-) ), there was
opportunity to use it as a mirror to my own opinions, feelings and
understandings.

So, see "y'all" later, even if only in the great Darkroom in the Sky.  I
have no idea where you Photoshop people will be going! :-D

Earl, ducking and running from the digi-heads.