[OM] Re: The 8 pound digital camera invented in 1975

Subject: [OM] Re: The 8 pound digital camera invented in 1975
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:59:27 +1000

Chris wrote:
>According to <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/timeline.asp?start=1995>,
>the Kojak DCS460.
>
>I don't know why Buffalo News thinks Eastman were out of the consumer
>digicam market until 2001, the DC200 appeared in Jan 1998.

Interesting timeline.  That Kojak DSLR was a monster, with a monster price
tag too.  The first consumer camera appears to be the Can*n Powershot 600
with a wopping 0.5 MP.  Nice to see Oly next with their D-200L (0.3 MP) and
D-300L (0.8 MP) models.  It took virtually a year for Casio to match that
0.8 MP...

Andrew McPhee