[OM] Re: OM macro lenses?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM macro lenses?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:07:27 +0100
Darin, the CCTV lenses are unbranded (and given the quality of construction,
I am not surprised), made in China.  If you want higher quality, I suggest
you follow the route illustrated on the link I posted - get hold of a used
C-mount movie lens with a recognised brand name.  It should not cost a whole
lot more on that auction site than the no-name CCTV lenses I used (which I
chose for ready availability and low price).  The C-mount register distance
is 17.526mm, which is similar to the 20/3.5 lens-to-subject distance.

As to photos of and with ... Sure, one of these days when I have something
worth seeing in each category.  At this stage I am at "proof of concept"
stage, having expended very little $$$.  I suggest you try the same (and do
take a look at the two examples on the original link, as typical of the
effect you can get).

--
Piers