[OM] Re: CMOS Technology

Subject: [OM] Re: CMOS Technology
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:56:11 -0400

Winsor Crosby wrote:

> One page I found interesting was the page on their second generation
> of on-chip noise removal technology. It confirms what I thought all
> along, that Canon raw images are already manipulated for noise,but
> surprised me by its cleverness.
>
> http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/cmos/technology-e/noise_reduction.html

I saw this too and also thought it to be pretty clever.  Not only that,
it clearly works.  A friend who normally shoots Canon but also has a
large collection on Nikon lenses recently bought a Nikon D70s as he
liked a lot of the features and is convinced that Nikon metering has
always been much superior to Canon.  After owning the D70s for about two
weeks he discovered that, whatever its merits, it's much too noisy to
compete with his 20D.  Want's to sell the D70s now.  Anybody looking for
a very low mileage D70s?

Chuck Norcutt