[OM] Re: Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, thi

Subject: [OM] Re: Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, this...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:08:56 -0400
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

  > I'm thinking fairly portable.  Could a soft box be rigged with light
  that
> could turned on and left on as opposed to using strobes?  That might  be a
> solution if I was using a vertical box.  Bill  Barber

The modeling light on a strobe might be powerful enough in a well
darkened room but if the room is dark and the light is weak you'll not
get the effect of window light which is, of course, filling the room and
reflecting back on the subject from all directions.

I think something like the free standing diffusers I mentioned earlier
might work better and would also allow use of more powerful incandescent
lights since the heat won't be contained as in a softbox.  A very large
diffuser with lots of light might also light the rest of the room better
but you may still need reflectors elsewhere around the subject.

Sorry I can't tell you more.  If I knew how to do it I'd have done it by
now.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt