[OM] Re: Emulating Ansel

Subject: [OM] Re: Emulating Ansel
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
> A group of astronomers have studied Ansel Adams photograph,
> Autumn Moon: the High Sierra from Glacier Point. His dating
> was off 4 years.  That makes me feel a little better. The
> full moon position will duplicate his this Thursday evening
> and will not repeat itself for another 19 years. Anyone
> running to Yosemite?

Well, let's see. There will be at least 50 AA wanabees there
with field cameras and wooden tripods attempting to exactly
duplicate his image.  All will be fighting for the precise spot,
each holding a copy of AA's picture.  Discussions of darkroom
technique will rule the evening and each trying to out-do the
other with their mastery of arcane facts of Zoneism.

Some idiot will show up with a digital camera and the zealots
will throw him over the edge.

No, I'll stay here in Iowa this week and just howl at the moon.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com