[OM] OM-1n repair question

Subject: [OM] OM-1n repair question
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:41:37 +0200
Hi all,

I've been leeching the group for a while, and it seems this is the place to
look for a sensible answer to a very
technical OM-1n repair question:

Could the Front Casting Part (that's the body part that holds the lens mount
and the mirror etc.) of an OM-1n be
replaced by that of an OM-1?  The 1's part number is CA8702; and I haven't got
the exploded view or a parts list
for the 1n.

The background of my question: I have an OM-1n, and the top screw that holds
the Bayonet Mount (OM-1
equivalent of CA8877) to the body has lost its grip. It turns out that the side
of the socket it is screwed into has
broken off. This socket is an integral part of the die-cast front of the body.
One way of repairing the camera would be to swap my 1n's Front Casting assembly
with the assembly of an
other camera (or if the assembly doesn't fit, only swap the Front Casting Part).
I happen to have a regular 1 with a broken light meter that could provide donor
parts, so I'm considering a
transplant of the 1's Front Casting Part into the 1n. I wouldn't mind having a
go with the repair, but I would like to
have a slight understanding if there are any chances on success.

Thanks for your time,
Bart Wientjes

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal