[OM] Re: OM-1n repair question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1n repair question
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:19:12 +0200
Basically, it's a good idea but a dreadfull plan. Thanks
for keeping me from murdering my bodies.

I've contemplated the use of a longer screw, but
thoght it would likely break the rest of the socket like
it did with the first part. Annyway, I'll give it a shot, and
see how well it holds. At least it's *waaay* easier!

Thanks again,
Bart

Citeren Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 bartjew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Could the Front Casting Part (that's the body part that holds the lens
> > mount and the mirror etc.) of an OM-1n be replaced by that of an OM-1?
> > The 1's part number is CA8702; and I haven't got the exploded view or a
> > parts list for the 1n.
>
> It depends on the vintage of the OM-1.  I believe later models models did
> share the front casting but earlier ones definitely did not.  Regardless
> though, you wouldn't want to do it.  The front and back castings are
> matched
> for alignment at the factory and changing the front casting would require
> careful re-alignment using a collimator.  It's not something you want to
> do at home.
>
> > The background of my question: I have an OM-1n, and the top screw that
> > holds the Bayonet Mount (OM-1 equivalent of CA8877) to the body has lost
> > its grip. It turns out that the side of the socket it is screwed into has
> > broken off. This socket is an integral part of the die-cast front of the
> > body.
>
> I seem to remember that you can use a slightly longer screw to get it to
> grab the threads which are beyond the broken part.
>                                               -mark

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal