[OM] Re: film for astrophotography

Subject: [OM] Re: film for astrophotography
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:46:52 +0200
Hi Charles,

>>Try shooting in colour too, it's interesting.
>
> Thanks Peter, I do intend to use some color, but always like to have a
> little control over the printing of non-typical photos...so will be
> doing primarily black & white.

That's probably why one of Ralf's many interesting suggestions is an
interesting one: to use Provia.  Slide film just pops in&out of a
machine, AFAIK.  I also liked Provia 400ISO for regular photography.
Provia is my slide film of choice for city work: very sharp & neutral
colour balance.  For nature, I prefer SensiaII, but I don't know how the
different colour balance would turn out with astrophotography.

--
Peter Leyssens