[OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault"

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault"
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:45:32 -0700
But if you reveal their names you will have committed a crime.

"The Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982 prohibits the
disclosure of names and identities of intelligence agents working
undercover. The law carries penalties of up to 10 years in prison for
the disclosure of the names and identities of agents by those who
have authorized access to classified information that identifies
covert agents, and up to 5 years in prison for disclosure by those
who learn agents' identities through authorized access to general
classified information."

Rove's attorney admitted to the press that Rove had revealed Wilson's
wife was a CIA agent and that she was in a position to suggest her
husband. Not only that, the following day Novak revealed the name of
her cover corporation which compromised the whole intelligence
operation she was running having to do with weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/10/
AR2005071001000.html

And just a question. If you really doubt this why would Bush have not
been able to uncover the leak in two years in the investigation he
pledged to do? And why would he raise the burden of proof before he
would do something about it? Why would Scott McClellan lie to the
press about Rove's involvement at one point and then stonewall after
that?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA