[OM] off camera flash recommendations

Subject: [OM] off camera flash recommendations
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:14:29 +0200
A friend of mine ;-) has three camera systems bronica etrsi olympus OM
and olympus E-1.  He has a F280 but that is only good for the OM, he is
thinking of getting an FL36 for the E system, but that leaves the
bronica so he then wonders if there is a better solution for on and off
camera flash such as a metz with grip and appropriate controllers.

I will/am (ooops okay it is me really) looking for some old vivatar or
sunpaks to use as slaves, but would like a system that could be used as
fill and trigger and also thats strong enough for general use.

also is there an "idiots guide to flash" site anywhere. something that
explains sca and pc setups  or the various other strange plugs like the
one on the F280 - but not just for olympus.