[OM] Re: OT I suppose he would say that ..

Subject: [OM] Re: OT I suppose he would say that ..
From: reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:14:16 -0400 (EDT)
Brief foray out of lurkdom to say that "refugees" are very specifically defined
as those who cross international borders in their flight.  So it is entirely
correct that these people are not refugees.  They are legally classified as
"Interally Displaced Persons."  This is not some crazy Americanism either.
It's how displaced persons are variously defined in international law and the
definitions the UN -- including the UN High Commission for Refugees -- use.

Having put my M.A. to use, I'm now going back to lurking...