[OM] Re: E10 quirks--just me?

Subject: [OM] Re: E10 quirks--just me?
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
A little more on the CRV-3 rechargeables:
I checked the E10/20 battery holder and it connects all the cells in series
whether NiMh or CRV-3's.  So the nominal overall voltage for the CRV-3s is
~6.4V while that for the NimH's is ~4.8V. I am not so familiar with the
Li-phosphate cells, so I don't know the internal cut-off voltage, but it seems
very clear all the energy will be extracted form the Li's because of much
higher operating voltage, while the NiMh will likely depend on the minimum
voltage cut off of the E10/20.
Interestingly, the external battery pack for the E10, uses conventional Li-ion
(cobalt cathode) cells, so operates at ~8.2V.

Regards,
Tim Hughes