[OM] The joy of using 50mm/1.2

Subject: [OM] The joy of using 50mm/1.2
From: Johan Malmstrom <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:44:07 +0200
Hi all!

Last saturday night I was attending a local yearly culture event,
Kulturnatta (Culture night) here in Västerås. Anna was working at the
event so I and Ida geared up. I took the old OM-4 and 35/2 and 50/1.2
and a roll of Delta 400@3200. Ida had her dummy with a strap. I put
Ida in her Babybjörn Carrier (http://www.babybjorn.com/TemplatesWeb/
ProductInfo.asp?itemid=24). About 7.30 PM we hit the streets.

The spot-metering is great to use under low-light situation. I spot
meter in face of people, adjusting up or down depending where I want
to place the "colour" of the face. After using the 35 for a while I
thought I didn't get close enough, I changed to the 50mm. Got me
closer but the thing that hit me like lightning, when holding the
camera vertical I can use both eyes!!! One eye looking through the
camera and the other "unshielded", aahh sweet. I have experienced
this before using the LM-system, but never thought of it when using
my OM:s.

We was home again about 9.30 pm, but that is a hole another story
(short some one had forgot a extra diaper).

Great stuff any how, go out and use it! :)

/ Johan