[OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:07:06 +0100
Darin Rhein wrote:

> How would you compare it's proformance to other Zuiko
> lenses? Is there another Zuiko zoom you would recommend
> over this one?

I'd say it's as good as any of the others.

In the same-ish zoom range:
I had the 85-250. It's useful at the 200+ range but is very unwieldy
(relatively) at the 85 end.
I have the 75-150. Good value and a nice lens.
In the same range there's also the rare-ish 50-250; it's quite
expensive. I've never seen or used one.

I'd say the 65-200 is a more useful lens than any of the above, but it's
a pity it's not as light as the 75-150

> Part of the reason I'm interested in this lens is it's close
> focusing ability.

I had some nice shots on close focus. It's one of the reasons I took it
abroad -- a just-in-case facility with limited lens space. But it's not
as good IMO at close focus as the 35-105 or, of course, a proper macro
lens.

> Is there another brand, in this range that would be comparable?

I'm afraid I can't help you on that one.

Regards,

Simon