[OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:17:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2005 6:59:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

How  would you compare it's proformance to other Zuiko lenses? Is there
another  Zuiko zoom you would recomend over this one?
Part of the reason I'm  interested in this lens is it's close focusing
ability. Is there another  brand, in this range that would be comparable?

I've had two 65-200mm Zuiko Zooms, both of which went cloudy on me.   If fact
I still have one of them, which is near mint and useable that gets used  not
very often.  The lens in that range that I was particularly fond of,  but sent
to live with someone else is the Tamron SP 60-300mm.  These can be  had
fairly inexpensively and would probably be my choice over the Zuiko  65-200mm.

Now to totally discredit myself,  I will share with you another Zuiko  zoom
that I like that is in a different use category than either the 65-200 or  the
Tamron 60-300mm.  It is the 75-150mm which I like when doing  portraits.  Nice
light lens with a zoom range I find pleasing for this type  of work.  They
are rather common and subject to lens separation, however if  you can find a
good one . . .     Bill  Barber