[OM] Re: OM30 Manual Problem fixed!

Subject: [OM] Re: OM30 Manual Problem fixed!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:07:21 -0400
Bao C. Ha wrote:
> Thanks for all the helps!
>
> Using suggestions of Photosphere and John Hermanson, I
> opened up the switch, found a "loose" leg of the three
> legs on the switch. "Glued" it back on to the switch, I
> can now use the manual mode.
>
> Now, how do I fix the bulb mode? In the buld mode,
> everytime the shutter is fired, it seems that the camera
> has a mirror lockup. Turn the switch to manual mode
> releases the mirror.

90 perecent of what ails our OM's usually turns out to be weak
batteries.  Make sure the batteries are silver oxide (not alkaline) and
that they are fresh.  Even if you think they are fresh sometimes they
are not.  Try another set preferably purchased from a different source.
  The preferred battery is the Everready 357.

Chuck Norcutt