[OM] Re: Film latitude v digital latitude

Subject: [OM] Re: Film latitude v digital latitude
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
> I have no idea how to answer this but have noticed that over
> exposing images with the E1 causes terrible explosions of the
> highlights. Here are two examples and unfortunately I don't
> remember how much I overexposed them.

If you overexposed slide film as much, I'd suggest that the
shots wouldn't be any better. Those are pretty well blown out,
where nothing but B&W processed N-2 would give much of anything
usable up there.  It is true you need to protect your
highlights, and I've found the E-1 to do so more than I really
desire as I frequently need to boost the exposures in conversion
up to 1/2 stop.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com