[OM] Latitude of exposure with an E-thing

Subject: [OM] Latitude of exposure with an E-thing
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:32:34 +1200
Hi all,

AG (and others) have written knowledgeably about the precise range of
exposure latitude possessed by an E-series camera. From my experience I
also agree that it is more akin to slide film than print film, and especially
regarding landscapes, or other shots with bright sky in the view-finder, the
sky usually will get blown out. With print film anyway, that is less likely to
happen.

Based on his darkroom experience, AG wrote about the behaviour of the E-
sensor compared with analogue imaging, and mentioned the "shoulder" and
?? I forget, the "heel".

For the sake of one who unfortunately has no darkroom experience, could
you please elaborate, AG?

Brian