[OM] Re: Using manual Zuikos on an E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Using manual Zuikos on an E-1
From: "iwert" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:58:46 +0200
> I will persist with experimenting, if for no other reason than that I like to
> do
> macro-photography, and spending NZ $1,000 on the ZD 50/2 is not likely to
> happen in the near future. I have several manual lenses that will do macro.
>
> Brian

For macro, my experience with the 50f2 "analog" zuiko is that good, I don't
need the ZD 50f2. For macro manual focus is way easier than AF, and the
"stiffness" of the manual focussing on the classic zuiko is much better to
handle than the fly by wire of the DZ.

In available light I have got very satisfactory results with my 50f1.4 +
1.1XX.XXX wide open.

I have to say that in my OM's I have always used a 2-4 focussing screen, so
this might add to my focussing technique with the E-1.

But I'ld really like to see that DZ 12.55mm f1.4 Oly patented together with the
4/3 patent and the 300f2.8.

Iwert.

ps: I still have a very nice 50f2 classic macro available!

Scarlet ASDL - we hebben vast een formule die bij u past
Alle info op http://www.scarlet.be/nl/consumer/adsl/