[OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere

Subject: [OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere.
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:02:22 -0500
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Into each life a little rain must fall and the weather folks say this maybe
> our weekend.  So, I'm gonna be battening down the hatches and getting ready
> to deliver on some of the promises we've made over the years.  Irrespective
> of
> what Rita does, we will not be evacuating as we need to be here  and out
> taking care of folks as soon as the storm passes.
>
> Just keep the folks along the Gulf Coast in your thoughts over the next few
> days.  Most of the property I have insured is protected by a levee, however
> there isn't a big lake on the other side of the levee, New Orleans, so we
> should  be OK.  I'll be on and off the list for a few days and then there
> maybe a
> bit of silence.  See you on the other side.  Bill  Barber

Bill,
Triple-stake everything down with double the ropes and hang onto yer
hat.  I'm cringing at what the Gulf Coast is in for a second time around
this year.

For those up through Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and into the greater
Ohio Valley, keep an eye on the inland track predicted by the NWS
starting about Saturday/Sunday.  These Real Biggies don't fully peter
out until they're into the Great Lakes or New England.  The winds drop
considerably, but they continue with severe thunderstorms, sometimes
tornadoes, and torrential rain resulting in river and stream flooding as
all the moisture gets dumped out.

-- John