[OM] Re: Filters for old folks

Subject: [OM] Re: Filters for old folks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:06:29 -0400
Walt Wayman wrote:

> Paul McCartney is in Atlanta.  He was interviewed by Daryn Kagan for
> a fluff piece on CNN today promoting his current concert tour.  Two
> cameras were used.  The one aimed at Paul obviously had a soft-focus
> filter, so soft it even produced a ghostly aura, a veritable fluffy
> cloud around him.  The one pointed at Daryn (who kind of tickles my
> fancy and lights my fire just a bit -- skinny brunettes with dimples
> tend to do that) was unfiltered and showed her as sharp and clear as
> a truly pretty woman can be shown.  If I were younger and single and
> rich and ...

Or old, wrinkled, single... and as rich as Paul McCartney...

I heard but did not see the piece and I'm surprised that they tried to
soften him that much.  My daughter has a snapshot of him with herself
and a few of her co-workers taken a couple of years ago.  Doesn't look
particularly old or wrinkled in that shot.  It was probably taken with
one of those secret Wyoming factory de-wrinkling lenses.

Chuck Norcutt