[OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere

Subject: [OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere.
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:31:17 -0500
AG Schnozz wrote:

> Ahem. 914 and still dropping.  I'm thinking Canada is too close
> to this thing.
>
> AG

AG,
You don't know how close you are to the truth on this.  I don't want to
minimize the extreme danger along the entire Gulf Coast of Texas.  They
will be absolutely brutalized by this.

The following link shows the various models predicting the track of the
eye as it degrades into a low center across North America.  The NWS NHC
and Miami-Dade Office's Gulf/Atlantic satellite views give the 3 and 5
day averaging of a number of hurricane models.  This site shows the
tracks from the models the NWS uses to arrive at that, and also shows
predicted track(s) farther inland earlier:
http://www.thestormtrack.com/

The clockwise hook in the inland track is typical.  Those on the left
side of the track usually see less precipitation and lesser storm
severity.  Those just to the right of the track usually see noticeably
more.  Barry Bean plus others in Arkansas and Missouri should be
watching the inland track.  Katrina caused problems with a cluster of
tornadoes in northern Georgia and southern Tennessee along with
localized severe storms and flooding in Indiana and Pennsylvania as it
tracked diagonally across Ohio.

-- John