[OM] Re: Taking photos in rainy, wet weather

Subject: [OM] Re: Taking photos in rainy, wet weather
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:54:07 +0100
John A. Lind wrote:

><Lots of good advice snipped>
> -- John

I'd echo these concerns about high wind danger.

I got caught out in the Cairngorms in winds that were half those
predicted for this storm. Record gusts were being recorded at a station
four miles away.

I had turned to move obliquely across and with the wind because progress
was impossible. I had to hunker down because I couldn't control speed or
direction, and was pinned there for nearly half an hour.

Oddly enough, this was an otherwise beautiful day...

Let's be careful out there (but preferably not out there at all).

D.