[OM] Re: Tintypes

Subject: [OM] Re: Tintypes
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:17:35 -0300
On 9/21/05, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice little video here by a guy making tintype portraits of modern
> cowboys:
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2005/09/20/
> VI2005092000922.html

Thanks for the link. I have some old tintypes of family members that
are over 100 years old (likely 1870's-1890's). We're trying to figure
out who the family members are based on some other old photos from
around the same period. It's neat to see some more info on how the
process works. In the case of my old family photos we have some other
old photos with different processes so it's possible to do a little
figuring of who the people probably are. Plus, if I were to determine
what the other processes are then it might be possible to narrow down
the time frame better by figuring out the time period both processes
were in use.