[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 test shot

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 test shot
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:14:09 +0100 (BST)

> Ok, but you should know, hearing a third party zoom lens is better than a
> Zuiko fix lens is very uncomfortable ;-)

Well the 80-200 is packed full of special features e.g. ld glass :-)))))),
plus the olympus reflex mirror forces wide angles lenses to be retofocus
which does not help the performance either...

I have not had a chance to compare the 80-200 at night to the 24mm f2 - I
am hoping the f2 will be better than the f2.8. Since the 28mm f2 works
quite well at night
In novemeber I am off to hk again but will be taking my bronica medium
format kit. Including a 100 - 220 f4.8 PE series (about 60-135 in 35mm
terms) lens which I think was developed by bronica and tamron and a 40mm
f4 pe  (about 25mm in 35mm terms) to see how they fair...
Regards
James