[OM] Re: lenses, opinions and recommendations.

Subject: [OM] Re: lenses, opinions and recommendations.
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:08:32 -0500
        Welcome to the List Patrick. You've come to the right place regarding
lenses as you will get all manner of helpful information and sources of
equipment. But be careful, it is an addiction. Remember the Mantra: "My name is
Patrick and I am a Zuikoholic."
        Re: your lenses. I've no first hand experience on the Sigma brand but
others on this List have high praise for some of them. You may want to look
here to find more info about a specific lens:
http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html.
        The other brands I know nothing about.
        If you are looking for good, moderately priced wide angles there is no
better place to start than the 49mm filter sized Zuiko lenses. The 21/3.5,
24/2.8, 28/3.5 and 35/2.8 lenses are all very good and with the exception of
the 21 can all be had at very reasonable prices, especially the 28. More
specific specifications and testing data can be found at:
        http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
        If you decide to buy one just post a "wanted to buy ad" and you will
probably have multiple offers to choose from.

Good Luck,
Charlie