[OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:58:48 -0300
On 9/27/05, swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thinking laterally about the advantages digital give to my tele lenses,
> i.e doubling for same speed, what happens to the wide angles on medium
> format, does or has anyone made an adapter for this.

I doubt you'd have the image circle to cover MF except with maybe the
shift lenses. If memory serves, the 24mm shift has an angle of view of
around 16mm (in 35mm terms) so that'd be a fun wide angle.

Other than that, you're right that a lens of the same focal length
gives you a wider angle of view when moving to a larger format but you
do need to make sure that the lens can actually cover that larger
format.