[OM] Exposure question with E1

Subject: [OM] Exposure question with E1
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:54:21 -0500
Tonight I tried some quick'n'dirty shots of the exterior of a Frank
Lloyd Wright house out by me.  It was around 6pm, house is in deep shade
from a number of trees.

I had the wb set for daylight, had it on full program mode, metering set
for center-weighted. ISO400 (also tried 200)  Focused on a spot near the
middle of the house, in  pretty deep shade, took the shot.

Now, i would expect that the sunlight filtering through the trees might
have been blown out, but the entire shot ended up overexposed, with the
highlights completely blown out.

I expected the metering to expose for the darker part of the house
properly, but it didn't.

if the battery were marginal, would that causes this sort of behavior?

Other weird thing I noticed when I was at the race a couple of weekends
ago.  I'd take three sequential shots (this, with my OM 65-200 mounted,
aperature-priority).  The first one would be properly exposed, but quite
often the second or third shot would be completely overblown.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I do know I'm going to spend some time before I head out to Vegas
reading the histogram tutorial.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins