[OM] Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: copyright watermarks
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:33:45 -0300
On 9/28/05, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ian, since a picture is worth at least a thousand words, you might
> want to post an example.  That will make it easier to form an opinion.

Just chipping in my strange random thought for the day (actually I'll
likely have many more before the day is out). With inflation and
rising fuel costs (need to get the car within 500 yards of those
photogenic subjects) is a picture still worth 1000 words? I suppose
the value of words could be increasing (in dollar terms) at the same
rate as the value of pictures so the exchange would stay constant.
Does the consumer price index track the value of pictures or words?

Then again, with digital cameras becoming so ubiquitous it's more
likely that the value of pictures is dropping due to over supply. But
the proliferation of instant messaging, text messaging, blogs, etc has
certainly created an over supply of words as well.