[OM] Re: Am I going to regret my choice?

Subject: [OM] Re: Am I going to regret my choice?
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:06:44 +1000
> Paul Braun wrote:
> ...This is the mentality that gets people to replace
> perfectly good computers for the newest one because
> the marketing people have told them that if they don't
> have the latest "Intel Pentalator 7 with HMXPDS technology"
> they just suck....

Guilty-as-charged [me with a 10D, looking at the 20D...5D?)

You wouldn't be a fan of The Simpsons (OFF) by any chance:

(Episode CABF02 - "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes")

 [The scene switches to Honest John's Computers, Homer is talking to
 consumer-compatible liveware.]

 Homer:     Umm ... I guess I'll take that one.
 Salesman:  Well, do you need a paperweight? 'Cause if you buy
            that machine, that's all you're going to have, an
            expensive paperweight.
 Homer:     Well, a paperweight would be nice, but what I really
            need is a computer.  How about that one?  [points to
            a second machine]
 Salesman:  That technology is three months old. Only suckers
            buy out-of-date machines. You're not a sucker, are
            you sir?
 Homer:     Heavens no!
 Salesman:  Oh good, because if you were, I'd have to ask you to
            leave the store.
 Homer:     I just need something to receive email.
 Salesman:  [whistles] You'll need a top-of-the-line machine for
            that. [shows Homer a top-of-the-budget machine]
            That's the same computer astronauts use to do their
            taxes.
 Homer:     I was an astronaut.
 Salesman:  Of course you were.
(http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF02)