[OM] Re: More Dynamic Range

Subject: [OM] Re: More Dynamic Range
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:50:20 -0400
So, are you gonna tell us how you blended these most excellent
composites or just leave us in the dark?

In looking at #1 it may be that an intermediate exposure was required
but I'm not yet convinced.  The fundamental problem with the composite
is that the walls in the window passage are brighter than the sky
outside which makes it look "funny".

In thinking about this three-shot problem it occurred to me that that
the answer lies in the shooting data for the successful shots.  How many
stops are there between the light and dark shots of the successful
composites?  This value can then serve as a guide for future shots.  If
the difference between light and dark is more than "x" then take one in
the middle.

Anyhow, nice stuff.  Tell us more.

Chuck Norcutt