[OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:53:25 -0300
On 9/29/05, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seen the Japanese EOS names - KISS!
> AndrewF

At least with C*n*n's EOS it has a connotation that makes sense, the
greek titan godess of dawn. It's also an acronym for "electro-optical
system" apparently so it works that way too. Actually somewhat clever.
I'll add my voice to the dislike of the evolt name, it sounds like it
should be some type of electronic voltmeter or similar. I wonder if
KISS is supposed to be "keep it simple stupid"?

As for other weird names, while in SE Asia I saw a lot of people
driving small (100-125cc) motorcycles (I'd be inclined to call them a
scooter but they do have foot controls although usually with
clutchless shifting). One model was the Honda Love (may have the
manufacturer wrong).

My personal favourite though was Apple's missed naming possibility.
Back in the days of the Mac II's they used the letter x to denote
models with the 68030 chip (i.e. IIx, IIcx, IIfx). Then they decided
it was time to update the Mac SE and put a 68030 chip in it but it
became the SE/30 not the SEx.